#089 - OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM: A TESTIMONIAL
So you hear people bitch and whine about the state of our healthcare system in Ontario, and in Canada as a whole.
Let me tell you a little bulletted story of Sunday night...
It was exactly an hour of distraction, from the onset of catastrophe to a relaxing evening.
Well, relaxing except for the fact that Stephanie's thumb can't be used right now, and may never look the same.
- 07:30 PM - Go ride our horses in the outdoor arena that Adam & Jenny helped us repair and improve the day before
- 08:30 PM - Dismount, and allow the horses to graze on fresh grass for the first time this spring
- 09:00 PM - Prepare to put the horses back into pasture for the night
- 09:10 PM - One of the horses not being ridden bolts for the gate when it is opened - Stephanie tries to stop the 1,4000 lb bastard - he crushes her thumb between himself and the gate, basically degloving the ball of her thumb - there is blood everywhere, and a horse loose on the neighbour's lawn
- 09:15 PM - The horse is caught and I am running for health cards and car keys, as Stephanie trudges to the house, holding her thumb together
- 09:25 PM - Arrive at the emergency ward
- 09:26 PM - Placed in the OR #3
- 09:28 PM - Nurse comes in and deals with the situation
- 09:38 PM - Doctor comes in a deals with the situation
- 09:50 PM - Stephanie is bandaged, and is given drugs to last 24 hours, because the local pharmacies are not open
- 09:55 PM - Leave the hospital
- 10:05 PM - Arrive home
- 10:10 PM - Stephane is sitting in front of the TV, sipping a very large Rum and Coke
If you don't like our healthcare system, just make sure you only get hurt in Dunnville on Sunday nights.
11 May 2011